SENIOR INTERIOR DESIGNER
As a Senior Interior Designer, you will be responsible for leading and managing the design process for interior spaces. Collaborate with clients, architects, engineers, and other designers to create functional and aesthetically pleasing spaces that meet the needs of the client.. The Senior Interior Designer should be hands on understand commercial needs of clients, with clear knowledge of commercial field within that of fit out.
- Lead and manage the design process from concept development to technical design development stage.
- Collaborate with clients, architects, engineers, and other designers to understand project requirements and design objectives
- Develop design concepts and present them to clients for review and feedback
- Create detailed design plans, including 2D and 3D sketches, and rough elevations to explain the design language.
- Liaise with the FF&E specialist on the materials, finishes, furnishings, and lighting for each project.
- Oversee the production of construction documents, including drawings and specifications
- Review and approve samples, shop drawings, and other submittals from contractors and vendors.
- Manage and mentor junior designers and design assistants
Maintain the quality of design to the highest standard and provide comprehensive design service for new projects as well as modifications and renovations of existing business establishments.
Recommend strategies that will ensure consistency of solution and promote a high level of output both functionally and creatively to work in highest productivity.
- Organizational & Time Management Skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Strategic thinking
- Client focused
- Results orientated
- Ability to delegate
- Leadership and teamwork
- Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design or Bachelor’s in Architecture
- 8+ years of experience in interior design, with a focus on commercial, F&B, and retail projects
- Strong design skills, with the ability to develop and present design concepts that meet the needs of the client
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Revit (would be a plus), SketchUp, and other design software
- Knowledge of materials, finishes, and furnishings used in interior design
- Ability to manage and mentor interns and design assistants
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with clients, architects, engineers, and other designers
- Design Project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet established timelines and budgets