As a Senior Fit-Out Interior Designer, you will be responsible for leading and managing the design process for interior spaces. Collaborate with clients, architects, engineers, and other designers to create functional and aesthetically pleasing spaces that meet the needs of the client. Are you a creative, motivated designer with solid fitout and commercail experience. If so, this opportunity is right up your alley. We are looking for:
- Someone who demonstrates, through every aspect of who they are, a passionate love of design, art and beauty.
- A confident, loyal, trustworthy, dynamic, charming person who can hold their own with clients, project consultant teams, suppliers, contractors, and fabricators.
- Someone unafraid to take responsibility, ensuring Horton interiors deliver a seamless service to our clients.
- Someone who can hit the ground running turning ideas into concepts and execution.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead and manage the design process from concept development to technical design development stage.
- Collaborate with clients, architects, engineers, and other designers to understand project requirements and design objectives
- Develop design concepts and present them to clients for review and feedback
- Create detailed design plans, including 2D and 3D sketches, and rough elevations to explain the design language.
- Liaise with the FF&E specialist on the materials, finishes, furnishings, and lighting for each project.
- Oversee the production of construction documents, including drawings and specifications
- Review and approve samples, shop drawings, and other submittals from contractors and vendors.
- Manage and mentor junior designers and design assistants.
- Creating conceptual sketches, renderings, and other illustrations to communicate design concepts to clients
- Developing interior design concepts for commercial, retail, or industrial spaces
- Managing the design process from start to finish by overseeing contractors, scheduling meetings with clients and other team members, and communicating with clients
- Together with the Director lead the creative and conceptual stage of the projects.
- Drive and inspire the design team, bring new ideas, concepts and a creative flair to all projects.
- Design and develop beautiful bespoke designs that exceed clients expectations.
- Present and sell concepts and design solutions to our Clients.
- Develop complete designs that will include a comprehensive floor plan, exterior elevations, interior elevations, A/c diffuse allocation, lightning, graphic imaging (3D Presentation), and all material selections and finishes
DESIGN + PROJECT MANAGEMENT
- Provide strong project leadership and seamless service to our clients, with exceptional communication throughout.
- Deliver confident, experienced and skilled space planning, applying knowledge of the planning process and building regulations where applicable.
- Attend regular internal and external design team meetings and assist the designers on the conceptual and technical side of the design process.
- Produce all delivery drawings and specifications to a design intent package level.
- Coordinate and oversee the project’s documentation, ensuring comments and revisions are always up to date.
- Develop detailed specifications.
- Support the Senior Management team in producing detailed project timelines with internal milestones. Provide regular and timely updates and progress reports to the Directors.
- Respond effectively to complex questions and troubleshoot problems, whilst working and switching between various projects.
- Apply strategic thinking to projects. Forecast, identify, and communicate risks and brings ideas and solutions to the table.
- Close projects efficiently- support the project team on rectifying snags and wrapping up projects us as quickly as possible.
- Contributing to setting the internal design standards and guidelines, ensure they are implemented by the team.
- Streamlining processes and procedures to increase quality and efficiency.
- Monitoring the project team’s output, report back to Senior Management in a constructive manner, highlighting successes and failures.
- Drive and constantly work towards improving the company and our staff’s work experience, growth and studio culture.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE MUST HAVE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design or Bachelor’s in Architecture
- 8+ years of experience in interior design, with a focus on commercial, F&B, and retail projects
- Strong design skills, with the ability to develop and present design concepts that meet the needs of the client
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Revit (would be a plus), SketchUp, and other design software
- Knowledge of materials, finishes, and furnishings used in interior design
- Ability to manage and mentor interns and design assistants
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with clients, architects, engineers, and other designers
- Design Project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet established timelines and budgets.A degree or equivalent in Interior Design/Interior
- A strong background in Interior Architecture, a high standard of technical ability and broad knowledge of materiality.
- Experience in procurement would be a plus but is not essential.
- Experience working on all aspects of projects, through all stages of work, from concept to completion.
- An exceptional eye for scale and balance, detail and colour.
- Impeccable and concise communication and presentation skills, verbal and written