SAFETY OFFICER (FIT-OUT AND CONSTRUCTION EXPERIENCE)
We are looking for an experienced and responsible Safety Officer to join our team. As a Safety Officer, you will be responsible for facilitating compliance with occupational health and safety (OSH) guidelines. Your main goal will be to always ensure safe working environment and prevent any injuries and accidents. The safety officer will compile safety programs and standardize them to remain consistent, as well as share best practice techniques at regular staff meetings.
To ensure success as a safety officer, you must stay updated with the latest trends in health and safety, and consistently implement these practices in the workplace. Ultimately, a top-notch safety officer will maintain compliance with all safety regulations and ensure that every member of staff complies with the regulated standards.
- Maintain and apply knowledge of current policies, regulations, fit out and construction processes.
- Recommend process and product safety features that will reduce employees’ exposure to physical, and other work hazards.
- Inspect facilities, to identify and correct potential hazards, and to ensure safety regulation compliance.
- Plan and implement OHS policies and programs
- Advise and lead employees on various safety-related topics
- Prepare educational seminars and webinars on a regular basis
- Review existing policies and procedures
- Adhere to all the rules and regulations
- Conduct risk assessment
- Identify process bottlenecks and offer timely solutions
- Check if all the employees are acting in adherence with rules and regulations
- Review plans and specifications for projects to determine whether all safety requirements have been met.
- Provide technical advice and guidance to organizations on how to handle health-related problems and make needed changes.
- Compile safety programs.
- Practice safe working techniques.
- Implement and maintain health and safety standards.
- Maintain compliance with all safety regulations.
- Standardize health and safety in order to remain consistent.
- Identify hazardous waste and disposing of it correctly.
- Promote safety initiatives.
- Compile and maintain relevant registers to ensure compliance.
SAFETY OFFICER REQUIREMENTS:
- A bachelor’s degree or an associate degree.
- Valid competency certificates.
- Registration as a Health and Safety Officer.
- Strong communication skills.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in this position.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Applications